Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Because of His Mercy

Ben and I embarked upon a life-changing discipline in this new year - 2005. Each morning we open the holy scriptures and read God's letter to us. What a precious time this has been. Ben bought a new Bible this weekend at the Acquire the Fire Conference he attended. It has been extremely encouraging to me to find him each night reading his Bible right before I tuck him in each night. Even more so, that he desires to rise early each morning (6 AM) so that we can open the scriptures and read once again God's message to us. What more can a Dad ask for!

this is an audio post - click to play
Click To Hear Greg Read Titus 3:4-8


4 But then God our Savior showed us his kindness and love. 5 He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit.[a] 6 He generously poured out the Spirit upon us because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did. 7 He declared us not guilty because of his great kindness. And now we know that we will inherit eternal life. 8 These things I have told you are all true. I want you to insist on them so that everyone who trusts in God will be careful to do good deeds all the time. These things are good and beneficial for everyone. Titus 3:4-8 (NLT)

God saved me. This I know is true. I am grateful for this salvation. I did NOTHING to heap His kindness and love upon my heart and mind. Why has salvation be given to me? Because of his mercy! Period. His mercy has ushered me into his everlasting arms and presence. I have been declared not guility. Think on that one for a few minutes. My calling then, in light of his mercy and his kindness and his love, is to do good deeds. How often? All the time. Lord Jesus, help me to put into practice the same sort of love you have mercifully demonstrated to this humbled man. Thank you for your mercy! Amen!

- GAC

Fixing His Words in my heart and in my mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home