Thursday, September 01, 2005

When I married ...

When I married I thought it was "until death do us part." I thought that marriage was that one haven in life where you could trust it to be there when you woke the next day, like the sun that faithfully comes up.

When I married I knew there would be bumps in the road, but you really never thought, at least as a Christian, that you would one day, well, no longer be married.

I am now single - again. Being single, again, has its own set of interesting bumps. For one, it is much more difficult to meet women this time around. My social life revolves around my church (which does not consist of many single women) my kids and their schedules. and my extended family. Meeting a woman and finding the time to meet is a catch me if you can scenario. I have met many fascinating women the last 6 months. All lovers of Jesus, but none have really captured my heart at this point. I am confident, however, that God is preparing just the right lady for me. So, I continue to seek (Proverbs 18:22).

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger The Zany Housewife said...

Breakups, especially divorce are never easy. I was just let go yesterday and am still in some kind of shell shock. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg, I know, and believe in my heart, the struggles we face make us stronger people in and with our walk with CHRIST. GOD has blessed us both with beautiful, wonderful children, and I know HE has a bigger plan for both of us. HE has blessed you with many wonderful gifts, and one day HE will send an angel to you that will respect, love, and honor you and your children the way it was meant to be. You, Ben, Spencer, and Abbey are and will continue to be in my prayers. Andrea

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Joe B. Whitchurch said...

Greg, you've helped me to see a new part of what Jesus is really like in the way you have been who you are are, through all this. Of course we are praying all the best for everyone involved, but you Sir, are a true, Christ-like character and friend. May God open up 2Corinthian comfort conduits for you and yours. JBW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home